The speakers in this session are:
- Chair: Nick Smye, Chair, SCADA Working Group, TCCA
- Chair: Robin Davis, Chair, Future Technologies Group, TCCA
- Koustuv Ghoshal, Vice President and Head of Utilities, Energy, Industrials at Ericsson
- Julian Stafford, Technical Director, European Utility Telecom Council
- Stuart Palmer, CEO of Radlink Communications Australia
Decarbonisation is having a massive impact across all non-PPDR sectors driving both fundamental changes to infrastructure and operations. This in turn is driving the need for highly scalable wireless mission critical communications. As some of the greatest emitters of green house gases, the power, oil and gas sectors are perhaps the most affected, but all sectors are trying to improve efficiencies to limit their emissions. For example, the electricity market is likely to be one of the fastest growing and predictable sectors for critical communications in the next 5-10 years.
The session will look at the challenges these sectors face and the potential wireless communication technologies. It will include expert speakers from various sectors as well as both TETRA and LTE suppliers.
You can watch part two here.